HAZMAT Specialist (Engineers) - ( 7 )
HAZMAT Specialist (Engineers) - (7)
Sep 30, 2023
Ministry of Interior Human Resources Dept
Candidates must have at least Bachelor's / College Degree
The job requires Male applicants.
Minimum of 5 years working experience is required for this position
Applicants must be 25 years old and above.
- Must be a Bachelor’s Degree holder (or above) in Fire Protection Engineering or related field with preference to CHEMICAL ENGINEERS OR HAZARDOUS MATERIALS (HAZMAT) SPECIALIST (ENGINEERS).
- Fire engineer candidates must have a working experience in the fields of fire/life safety including the handling of hazardous materials, and fire protection and/or smoke control, and mechanical ventilation system design and engineering.
- Has detailed knowledge and experience in conducting inspections, reporting and administering permits for the use, handling and storage of specialist chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Experience and knowledge of hazardous materials and legislation such as REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals). POPs (Persistent Organic Pollutants), CLP (Classification, Labeling and Packaging) and RoHS (Restriction on the use of Certain Hazardous Substances).
- Working knowledge of the different hazardous materials codes such as NFPA codes and standards; Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) and other relevant standards or regulations in the use, handling and storage of specialist chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Familiar with the format and understands the contents of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for each hazardous chemical/material.
- Knowledge, skills in software for identification and the management of hazardous chemicals and materials.
Certifications (not necessary but is an advantage):
NFPA HAZMAT Specialist Certifications (NFPA 472), OSHA Safety Certificate, DOT Hazmat Specialist (DHS) Training
Skills (not necessary but is an advantage): Software
If you already have a Unistaff Online Account,
please log in before applying through Job Opening.